Recognition of Prior Learning more commonly known as RPL is an assessment pathway you can use to recognise your previous skills, knowledge, experience gained through work, lif experience, training courses and work based training or placements. In this process, Institutes give credit for skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning.Its assessed against the evidence requirements of one of more units of competency to obtain the qualifications. It can be gained at any stage of their lives, through formal and informal learning, in Australia or overseas, through work or other activities such as volunteering.
Recognition is faster, cheaper and more efficient than putting people through training in areas they already know well. It means less time off the job and is more satisfying for the learner.
Who is suitable for RPL?
RPL is for anone with skills, knowledge and expeirence who would like to gain a formal qualification. If you have been working with some company for long time and would like to ocnvert the experience in relavent qualification, RPL can be very useful in that.
How it works?
- Understand the eliglibity by taking Skills review
- Eligible for RPL? Get started
- Submit evidence – Provide us all the documents, evidance to start the process for assessment. We try to make it easier for you by providing you samples
- Evidence Assessment – Our RPL assessers wil check your documents to judge if you are meeting the requirements of the qualification.
- Approval and Qualification – Upon successful completion of assessment, you would be issued with nationally recognised qualification from one of the RTO partner
What kind of evidence you required?
To assess your eligibility or competetancy on perticular topics or units, our RPL facitilators will check all the curent or past documents or evidence. All the documents provided would be kept stricly confident. Below is the check list of documents required for assessment
- Performance appraisal
- Portfolio/work samples
- Photographic and video evidence
- Education, training and qualifications
- Job Description
- Policies and procedures
- Financial records
Missing Units or Gap training
If our RPL facilitators find that you are not eligible for qualification or there are not srong evidence to varify your competency and meet all of the unit requirements within the qualification, they will arrange your gap training of the missing units to meet the competency. It can be done online or offline depending on type of qualifications.
How to Process for RPL Qualification?
- Decide on type of qualification you want.
- Prepare the documents for assessment
- Provide missing documents or information if required
- Complete gap studies or missing units to meet the requirements
- Pay for the qualification assessment and final degree
- Qualification will be given to you
What is the average processing time for RPL qualification?
Normally it depends on kind of qualification and evidencs provided for assessment. However on an average it takes around 2-3 weeks to process the qualification.
What are the benefits of RPL?
- Check your RPL eligiblity before making any financial commitment
- Your skills can be formally known as nationally recognised qualification
- You may use your qualification for Employer Sponsored Visa such as 457 or RSMS
- Total RPL Process is quick and saves you time and money compare to full qualification in College or University.
- No classroom studies so focus on full time work
What the Qualifications available through Fork-Knife Employment?
Being focused on Hospitality industry, Fork-Knife Employment currently only providing recognition of prior learning in this sector along with management qualifications.
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate III in Asian Cookery
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Certificate III in Patisserie
- Certificate III in Plant Baking
- Certificate IV in Advanced Baking
- Certifcate IV in Asian Cookery
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Certificate IV in Patisserie
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- Advance Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Diploma of Management
- Advance Diploma of Management
- Diploma of Business
- Advance Diploma of Business
How to process further?
Simply Call us on 043 380 9959 or Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to process your RPL Qualifications.